When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Friday, January 3, 2014

Unveiling of the 2014 WTLB

Happy New Year!  The time has come for the annual Word To Live By blog!  The idea is to choose one word as the word you'll live the year in the "spirit" of.  2012 was the year of bliss.  I loved bliss.  I loved my bliss so much, that in 2013 I kept my bliss and added grace.  I extended more grace, and relished the gift of God's grace in my life.
 
2014 has a new flavor, and my WTLB is:  faith.  This is a tough one for me.  I want to have it.  I try to maintain it.  But, when things become overwhelming I struggle to rely on it.  Though scripture says, Faith is being sure of what we hope for, and certain of what we do not see, my faith goes right out the window when I can't see the linear trajectory of what is to come.  I let the what-if's and the how-will-I's haunt me, and sleepless nights full of worry and fear replace the confidence in what is to come.  I'm going to tackle it this year and rest in the realization that there is a plan, and I just may not know the details yet!
 
What is your WTLB this year?  Make it significant!
 
With Faith, ~Shugie
 
 
For nothing will be impossible with God.
Luke 1:37

2 comments:

  1. Faith grew in my life with the understanding that "unbelief" is it's own thing separate from faith. Unbelief is not an absence of faith but it is fighting against my faith.

    Anyway, looking forward to the journey this word creates in you for 2014.

    ReplyDelete