When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Sunday, January 15, 2012

One Little Word

HOLY CATFISH what happened to 2011?!  For me it was a year with wonderful celebrations, peppered with some unexpected struggles.  I attended 3 funerals; listened as 2 friends went through the divorce process; added 3 babies to the family tree; celebrated 2 weddings; prayed for 3 family members who were hospitalized; learned that 'just friends' doesn't always stay that way; spent what would have been my Dad’s 93rd birthday with all of my siblings and my Mom; visited Offspring #1 and the grandgirl multiple times; and thanked the Lord for Offspring #2's miraculously rapid recovery from surgery.  At the stroke of midnight on New Year’s Eve, I believe that I had an audible sigh of relief (okayyyy…the sigh didn’t actually occur until AFTER I smooched Mr. Gotmyattention).  In the end, the year really was a good one, but let’s just say that I was happy to see Father Time usher 2011 to a close.

A new year.  A NEW year! Being the OCD type that I am, I’ve got my Official 2012 Bucket List all ready.  (No, I’m not going to share it yet.) This year however, is a bonus year, as I am implementing One Little Word. The idea when I heard about it, is that you pick one word as the word you'll live the year in the "spirit" of.  I pondered this decision at length, because as you know, words are a panacea for me.  Didn’t want to take this endeavor too lightly…  Worry not, for I have in fact landed on a word.  This year, my word is BLISS.  Blissssss.  Just saying it makes me smile. 
My hope is to live this year in bliss.  I am blessed beyond measure, and intend to embrace it all with purpose while I can.  What about you?  What’s your One Little Word?

In Bliss,  ~Shugie

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors 
for you where there were only walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment