When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Bloomy Miley, Selfies & State

I have been educated during a recent grandgirl-o-thon:

4 year olds sleep upside down and their feet can clock you at any time during the night.

“Stop what you’re doing and just go; wash; flush; and you can play again!”  (This song is still stuck in my head!)

Holding a crying baby + Grandgirl polishing my toes + popcorn in microwave + Miley Cyrus music + hot flash = sensory overload
Grandgirls don’t care if you wear yoga pants, and no make-up.  Every day. 

4 year olds already have preferences for how their hair is done, which dress to wear, and which shoes will best match the ensemble.  (That's my girl!)

Batting the eyes at Daddy gets a girl just about anything.   (I might have already known this one....) J

Grandgirls like coins more than paper money, and understand that pulling out the plastic buys anything.

Making chocolate chip cookies is far more fun when a 4 year old helps.  PS- watching her crack an egg and getting the slime on her:  priceless!
A bloomy day is the opposite of a sunny day.   One must assess this each and every morning upon waking.

You Are My Sunshine is the song I sing to Grandgirl, and have done so ever since she was born.  However, she doesn’t want me to sing her song to her sister, Tangled. After going through the list of potential songs, We Wish You a Merry Christmas is the only one that Grandgirl prefers I sing to Tangled.  Ever. 


 
Walking in single digit temperatures to see the
Christmas display at Field's on State Street-- worth it!



 

 
When you see 41 new pics on your iPhone, your Grandgirl may have perfected the art of the selfie.



The pink fashionista gene,
passed down yet again.

 
Missing my grandgirls!
In Bliss & Grace, 



2 comments:

  1. Sweet! Yes, my 10-year old gets whatever she wants. It's a double -X thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's like a mini-Shugie. No mistaking her lineage!

    ReplyDelete