When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.
Mindset Monday
Today is my favorite Monday in a long time! Over the weekend I turned in my final paper for my class. It was a grueling class- not because it was difficult, but because summer has finally arrived and I've been spending it in an office studying (insert foot stomp, head down, bottom lip out, pouting pose).
This Monday, is my first school-free day for the next 2 weeks. Two weeks! I've been looking forward to this break like a second grader waiting for the bell to ring on the last day of school! I've thought of 3 books I want to read- because I want to and don't have to. I've thought of some errands to catch up on and some brainless T.V. I want to take in. Reality is, I probably won't be as productive as I think, but the beauty of it is...that's okay, I'm on a break!
I'm currently half way through a two year program. After all the hours of studying it's tough to imagine a-n-o-t-h-e-r year. I try to avoid thinking about how much of my life this degree program has taken over. I refuse to be deterred by the times I've had to double up on assignments and work ahead in order to go see Grandgirl. I will not let the lack of sleep and increase in wrinkles daunt me. I will finish and I choose to believe it will all be worth it. On that day, I'll do the happy dance. I might even video tape it.
In Bliss & Grace, Shugie
Two weeks! Time to get caught up on Dexter.
ReplyDeleteWorried about being productive? New sliding glass doors, kitchen floor, bathroom renovation…you seem to be staying busy…lol.
And you WILL finish, it WILL be worth it, and you probably WILL end up with a 3.99 GPA. And then we all want to see the Happy Dance!
I can't believe you would even think about reading a book. Don't you read enough already? And, whrinkles? What wrinkles?...because thats what friends are for.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the video.
"What wrinkles?" <--Thanks much, whoever you are! :)
ReplyDelete~Shugie