My list includes Princess Diana. I know that those of you who know me well will think that my interest is because of her princessness. :) While I won't deny that I woke up at some ungodly hour on a day in 1981 to watch the wedding of the century in real time, that isn't where my intrigue lies. Nor is my interest because of her vast wardrobe, enormous shoe collection, staff at her beck and call, or the fact that her home address was a castle. I admire the woman once called Lady Diana Spencer, because she was a strong woman, and a great mom.

She married very young to a man who didn't deserve her, accommodating his life completely. Though her life should have been a fairy tale, she said that she didn't really know love until her first son was born. She refused to leave her infant with a nanny when she traveled. In time her second son came along, and the boys were her sole priority.
Even after her divorce, Diana continued to be protective of her boys, and attempted to give them as "normal" a life as possible. Her oldest became her confidant, giving his mother advice on everything from her work to dating. She was known for being fiercly independent, quoting, “I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am.” And, she was a vegetarian.
In Bliss, Shugie
They say it is
better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise
like moderately rich and just moody?
~Diana Princess of Wales
No comments:
Post a Comment