When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over...

Thanksgiving isn't my favorite holiday.  Usually, it's days of preparing a meal that takes less than 15 minutes to eat, and consists primarily of foods I don't even eat.  I don't dislike the holiday, but it just isn't my favorite.  Usually. 
 
This year, all the kids were home for a week.  I played Legos and 'kitchen'; made chocolate chip cookies; loaned out my car; watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse countless times; made macaroni and cheese for the first time in years; remembered how to braid; went out for sushi; laughed until my sides hurt; sang "You are my Sunshine" repeatedly; emptied the dishwasher 10+ times; got kicked in the face while sleeping with a 3 year old; made popcorn; watched movies; and cried on the return trip from the airport.

This year, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday! 

In Abundant Bliss, Shugie
 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
Matthew 6:21

No comments:

Post a Comment