When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Friday, February 12, 2016

2016 WTLB- finally!!!:


My post is lifted directly from my son's weekly newsletter to his team:


My new car!

….Just kidding- but this beast does have a direct correlation to us and how we practice. Toyota has adopted the Japanese philosophy of Kaizen, which literally means “change for the better”. It is similar to our core value of continuous improvement, but applies at an even more basic level.

Kaizen is the process of making many tiny changes that all factor in to a large improvement. It may be something as small as moving your mouse so it doesn’t catch on the edge of the desk, to rearranging your desktop icons to more quickly find the things you use most.....Kaizen doesn’t call for drastic overhauls but small and simple changes that become parts of the larger picture... 

Kaizen.  I like it.  I've been searching for just the right word for my Word To Live By (WTLB) for 2016, and thanks to Offspring #1's newsletter, I have it!  Small, simple changes throughout the year, leading to a healthier, happier, better....ME!  

As is the case each year, I challenge you to choose a word that encapsulates your mindset for the year...a word that you will keep in the forefront of your thoughts, your efforts, your motivations.  

This year is going to be full of awesomenacious splendidly.  I just know it!!

Pursuing Kaizen, ~Shugie

PS- Thanks son- You're very talented! :)


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder- I've picked Gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of it, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete