I had dinner with an incredibly
handsome and engaging man last night.
His sense of humor made me laugh throughout the evening. We discuss politics, fitness, family and
career goals. His insight and perceptions
intrigued me, giving me food for thought long after our time together ended. My date has stunning blue eyes. He reminds me in many ways of my father. I smile at this realization every time it
occurs to me….my date was a birthday dinner with my now 24 year old son.
Offspring #2 was the
cuddler. He loved playing with his toy cars
on the hearth, and we’ve made a million batches of chocolate chip cookies
together over the years. Now as a man,
he’s still a cuddler, and I appreciate that he never hesitates to hug me or tell
me he loves me- even in front of his buddies.
Life hasn’t always been easy
for this now 6’1” gym rat. He’s dealt
with truly life altering experiences, and each time has come away more motivated
and driven than before. At dinner, he reveals
his bucket list to me and I’m impressed.
Though not mine to share, his life goals are deep, adventurous, and
inspirational.
Son, your quick wit generally makes my jaw drop, and still I
laugh! You see the details in situations
that most people miss. When you see a
societal issue that is broken, you’re quick to come up with a (usually comical)
way to course correct. Case in
point: Stupid drivers should be given a red card. After your second red card, your license is
taken and the only vehicle you can operate is a bike. Forever.
Because you are too stupid to drive.
He consistently tells me, Don’t
worry Mom, I’ll take care of you. But
only until you wear Depends….then you’re on your own. Oy~
You
love life, and you’re doing a great job of experiencing it to the fullest! I hope you
accomplish every desire on that bucket list.
Just take some pictures for me…as I sit at home…wearing Depends. I love you son.
Seeking Shalom & Feeling
Proud He’s Mine, ~Shugie
The bond between mother and son is a special one.
It remains unchanged by time or distance.
It is the purest love – unconditional and true.
It is understanding of any situaion and forgiving of
any mistake.
Rhon-
ReplyDeleteWell said...... There's nothing like the bond between a mother and her son. EC's pretty darn special. Love S-
He's an amazing man. So proud to call him mine!
DeleteHappy 24th!
ReplyDelete