When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Sunday, December 6, 2015

Pics that make you say 'Hmmm...'

I was recently cleaning up all the pictures on my phone, and noted that some of them gave me pause.  Why did I take that pic?  And more importantly, why did I keep it??  Did I notice that in the pic before now?  and What the heck was I thinking??!  Let me explain....

Was it really necessary to take a photo instead of trying to
remember the FOUR WORD title of of this book?
Or-- (gasp) write it down with one of those silly things called a pen????
...I need this!



Because of this -------->>>>>





















No one thought to cut down this dead tree for a perfect view?  No body??

Shugie after the gym.  

Ask for a glass of wine on an economy airline... you get a Can O'Wine instead.
No extra charge for intellectual icing on the cake of the 'Monkey Theorem'. 

So, where was Mom when lil Billy left the snack aisle without his shoe?  But not to worry- 
if there is a fire, we always have the extra shoe on the fire extinguisher, ya know.... just in case!
According to legalists, this will heretofore be known as, The Satan Sipper.
When your bestie tries on your glasses and we decide to take a pic,
but then that pesky flash happens....!  :)
Waking up after a snowstorm to see this out my window. :):)

Louboutin shoe-gasm.  Yes, it's a thing.
See previous photo for explanation....
Schizophrenic grocery list
Gotta keep a sense of humor about these things....
Fun night with friends.  Pic #1....
.....annnnnnd Pic #2
WTH was going on here???????
Speaking of WTH.....?  Why did I think that getting into a clawfoot bathtub
in a Waldo costume at a Halloween party was a good idea???
(fyi-- day 1 post Sober October)
I should have thought of this first!!

Need.  To.  Remember.  This.  


Well.....It was funny at the time!

The best pic of all.  'Nuf said...

Seeking Shalom & Smiling at Silliness, ~Shugie


Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever… It remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.
Aaron Siskind

2 comments: