You were a rollercoaster! I can't say I was sorry to usher you out the door. In fact, I would have probably booted you in about August if it had been up to me! Thankfully, my family faired well, but my holy catfish, 2015 was one for the books!
* Offspring #2 graduated from college---woohoo! SO proud of this man. Mr. Dean's List himself!
* Grandgirl started kindergarten. This little dynamo is an amazing reader with the vocabulary of a 12 year old! In the words of her teacher..."If I had a classroom full of 'Grandgirls,' I'd be teaching first grade." BOOM!
* WTH was with Caitlyn Jenner? Dude, God made you a dude. You still have the junk of a dude. That doesn't make you brave, or iconic, or a trendsetter. It makes you, a dude.
* My 2015 bucket list included learning 100 new words. Now I know the meaning of ratchet (nasty, trifling party girl); vituperative (bitter and abusive); and quidnunc (an extremely inquisitive person). And 97 other words. Ray Rice, btw, has proven to be one vituperative individual.
* I didn't like Star Wars in 1977. Still don't.
* It's not possible to 'break the internet.' No matter how big your butt is.
* New job for Shugie! I'm busier and work hard, but the fringe benefits don't suck. :)
* Crude oil plummeted to the lowest it has been in a decade. Wish this had happened when I was driving 600 miles per week, but better late than never!
* Hillary...nay, Billary. Bleckkkkkk.
* Match Group (owns match.com) filed to go public. This means in 2016, we can buy stock in our love life!
* Binge watching is a real thing. Loved watching all 5 seasons of Parenthood on Netflix, in about 2 days (slight exaggeration). Imagine my anguish at the end of season 5, when I realized that season 6 hadn't. been. released. yet. That my friends, is called a binge hole. Sad day.
* Deflategate. Tom Brady's balls were the topic of too many conversations. Poor Giselle.
* I am f-f-f-fifty?? Meh- I'm more confident, comfortable, and healthier than any previous point in my life. Bring on the next 50!
I sincerely hope that 2016 is rich in blessing, low in drama, and full of love for all! God is good, and thankfully, He's still in control.
Seeking Shalom & Looking Ahead, ~Shugie
Oh, take your time, don't live too fast
Troubles will come and they will pass
Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need is in your soul
~Lynard Skynard

Thanks for sharing. Always makes me laugh. Slainte to 2016!
ReplyDelete