Two years ago, I embarked on a journey. I wanted to obtain a master's degree. I wasn't sure if I had the time given that I was working full time, and truthfully was not sure I was intelligent enough. So... I started the program before I told anyone. Much to my surprise- I loved it! The learning, the reading, the discussions, the research, the writing... it filled my bucket in a way nothing previously had. I hung THIS SIGN ----> in my office to keep me going on the difficult days. Business trips were challenging, and many a paper was written from a hotel room. I wrote and submitted a few discussion posts with Grandgirl on my lap. And every week, I waited anxiously for a grade. Much to my surprise, I found I was actually GOOD at this school thing! Every eight weeks, I started a new class and though I considered it a time or two, I never took a term off. My boss told me it took him four years to get his master's because he was also working full time. When I heard that, I determined to get my degree in two years.
Soooooo.......... This became my world:
Exactly 2 years, 13 instructors, 104 papers, totaling over 1100 pages, written in 4 different states (in APA format!), 312 discussion posts, 2 computers, maxed out Dropbox storage, late nights, diminished eyesight, and a lot of supportive family and friends =
I did it! I did have the time, and I was smart enough! I believe that my Dad is looking down smiling, and I can imagine that deep voice in his sweet southern drawl tell me, "Atta Girl Rhon!" And that makes it all worth it.
With Faith & Pride, ~Shugie, MSOL
A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.
Colin Powell




Congrats, almost done. Final requirement, the walk.
ReplyDeleteThank you! It will take a while for it to sink in! ~Shugie
ReplyDeleteWay to go Shugie!!
ReplyDelete