When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Friday, September 27, 2013

A time to pray, a time to tile...

Another 168 hours have flown by, and I'm looking forward to the next 48 hours of down time.  Since Friday last....

* Grandgirl and Offspring #1 have come and gone.  As always, it was a fabulous weekend having all the kids together.  When we are all together, life feels complete.  Crazy, busy, loud, and wild... but complete!  Along with Offspring #2 and Mr. Gotmyattention, I was no doubt accompanied by the 3 most handsome men and one stunning little princess, at the wedding we attended. 

* The innocence of a child's prayer made me smile one afternoon as I listened to Grandgirl ask God to give her baby sister ("Tangled") blond hair.  Not an impossible task in God's economy, but WOW would those girls look opposite!!

* I finally bought a car.  I've been wrestling with this for a while, and in the words of my Maker, "It is done."  Whew.

* My class wrapped up this week and I feel good about the results.  I have a brief break, as my next class doesn't start until, well, Monday.  Hey-- it's a break!

* Bathroom remodel is allllmost done.  For the past month I've had 2 sinks, a toilet, a bathroom vanity, and more tools than I could possibly name, all laying on my bedroom floor.  As Grandgirl pointed out, "Shug, that guy made a weally bad mess in your room!"  Though it has been wicked messy and dusty, I love the results, and I truly have a new respect for those with the talent (and the patience) to do this for a living! 

* It snowed on Pike's Peak earlier this week!  I initially resisted letting go of summer, but now I am quite elated that fall has officially arrived in the Rockies!  Time for the aspens of the front range to pepper the evergreens with the awesome orange and red leaves of autumn.  Yay for football, chili, sweaters, and more grandgirls!

It was a busy week.  It was a good week.  It's a great life.  Yay God!

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
Ecclesiastes 3:1



In Bliss & Grace, ~Shugie


No comments:

Post a Comment