When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Similac for Shugie ???

Upon checking my mail Tuesday, I was pleasantly surprised to find a box inside my rural mailbox.  That doesn't happen often!  Thrilled that the day's tree-killing mass was not solely bills, I was anxious to find out what I'd been sent.  I noted "Shugie Lynn" as the addressee, confirming that it was meant for me.  Odd, given that only the Grandgirl calls me that.  I look at the return address and read "Similac."  Uh, what??

 
Curiousity undeterred, I took the box inside to open it.  There were three cans of infant formula, packed ever so nicely just for me!  Now, I consider myself a pretty young-ish Shugie, but uh...no!!! 

I asked DOL if she knew anything about the package and she did not.  Hard to say where the infant formula for nursing moms originated, or why I landed on their mailing list.  Little do they know it went to Princess Tangled's Shugie, and not her Mama! 


The mystery gave Offspring #2 and I a laugh-- and then I wished for the next 6 weeks to pass quickly.  Soon enough I'll have another little girl to love on.  Luckiest.  Shugie.  Ever.

~~When a child is born, so are grandmothers~~
 
 
In Bliss & Grace, ~Shugie
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment