Though some find contentment in calmness, I find contentment in busyness. Most days I find the balance easy. This week, I've been overwhelmed with the number of plates I've needed to spin. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being busy, and the chaos of the week was 100% my own doing. In my mind, full time work and full time school are very doable. Going away for the weekend to visit CuzfromTN was also a reasonable idea. However, putting the three in the mix, with a dash of having the bathroom remodeled and a pinch of getting the two sliding doors delivered and installed, along with helping the kids move this weekend, and Minnesota next week, with just a little have to write a paper on the side... Well, let's just say that all of my plates came crashing down. Be still and know that I am God. Be still. Beeee. Stillllll. These words calm me. I put my hands down and the plate spinning stops. I remember to being thankful for what I have, and appreciate all of the things that are in my life that I don’t really deserve. I take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, and laugh at the hilarity of the week. The contentment returns... and ever so carefully, I pick up a plate and start to spin it...
I find it very difficult just to sit.
I would love to learn how to do that with contentment.
~Hume Cronyn
In Bliss & Grace, ~Shugie

No comments:
Post a Comment