When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Friday, February 2, 2018

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Almost a year since I've posted!  That alone is indicative of the whirlwind of the past year.  I'm always on the go, and rarely bored.  Let's see...

As noted previously, I changed jobs.  The role is challenging, and I've learned a great deal about acquisitions and corporate USA (I've also learned that in corporate USA, there are a lot of assholes who covet power and control).  All in all I love what I do, and I feel more respected for my knowledge and intelligence than ever before in my career. 

Both of my boys changed jobs as well!  They have each landed in their respective sweet spot and it warms my heart to watch them thrive.  We talk business, and investments, and of course, HR concerns.  Being friends with my grown children is truly blissful.

Grandgirl #1 turned 8 years old.  How did that happen?  Grandgirl #2 turned 4 years old- makes a Shugie feel crazy blessed!!  And then in December, along came Grandgirl #3.  She's as perfect, and wonderful, and as sweet as her beautiful sisters.  I had forgotten the sweet joy of holding an infant.  The grandgirls love on #3 like she is their very own baby doll.  My heart is so full to watch the three of them together.  Thank God for FaceTime!

This past year I met a group of women who enlightened me to the benefits of meditation- this diverse group of chicks is my tribe!  In addition, I am learning and practicing yoga, and the benefits of oils.  I'm learning to let go of the stresses in my world and just beIf I wasn't a hippie before, my family is now sure of it! 

Along with my meditation practice, I am focusing on self-care. I am saying "no" to things that I used to automatically agree to.  I am pampering myself with more hot baths, massages, mani/pedis, and allowing myself to guilt-free binge watch whatever I want.  I listen to relaxing music and make oil potions as I see fit.  My greatest luxury is sleeping late on the weekends until by body wakes up on its own- absolutely rejuvenating!

2017 was a year of challenge and change.  I changed.  Relationships with my family of origin changed significantly.  Some change is hard, but I am optimistic that the changes of 2017 are but a springboard into greatness for 2018! 

My word of the year: Experience.  I'm going to experience as much as I can possibly fit into 365 days.  Thus far I have gone to the symphony, made wine, and started 2-step lessons.  So far, so good!

Experiencing my 84,600,  ~Shugie

Each day gives you 84,600 seconds to spend however you choose.  
Make every second count.

No comments:

Post a Comment