For instance, why are people afraid to pass a police car? I mean, he's going 67mph-ish. The speed limit is 75mph. Why are people lining up behind his car like it's a Shriner's parade? The worst is when the cop is in the right lane, and there is a driver in the left lane juuuuuust behind the length of the cop car. "REALLY DUDE??" Fyi, that guy in the cop car is just a dude too! He can't do anything to you if you aren't breaking the law! Your hesitance screams one of two things: 1) my wife dresses me and I'm afraid to do anything without her permission; or 2) I am transporting a pound of heroin across the state line. Your actions (or lack thereof) scream louder than your words ever could...
Somewhat similarly, why do people hit the brakes when they see their speed being electronically checked? "REALLY DUDE??" There is no little police munchkin inside that thing, who will chase you down the interstate! Personally, I see those speed checks as a challenge... Did you know that if you drive past it at a minimum of 15mph over the limit, it doesn't show your speed? Nope, blue and red lights start flashing instead. It's a fun little game to play in the morning. I feel the day is a success when this occurs.
I've seen people driving and texting... with both hands! "REALLY DUDE?? So not only are you looking at your phone and texting, but you are now blindly driving with your KNEE?!!" Driving past that car as quickly as I can- just sayin'.
Why do people drive 60mph in the left lane? I wait, and wait, and admittedly, I am that person who passes on the right. And don't we always have to look over at them as we pass them as if to say, "What does a person who would drive like that actually look like??" I've actually looked over and thought, "Hmmmm....weren't there 2 people in that car? Where did the person in the passenger seat go? And why does he look so zombielike as he's driving? REALLY DUDE??"
Why do people put their blinkers on when they are in the turn-only lane, and there is no other way to go except to turn? Are they really thinking that the person behind them in the little Kia is wondering if they are in the right turn lane just for fun? Especially confusing are those people who turn on the blinker after they get onto the off ramp. "REALLY DUDE?? Was there actually another option besides you continuing on this one way, single lane off ramp that is turning (wait for it...) to the right?!!
I am fully aware that not everyone sees or experiences the morning commute the same way I do. Not to worry- You will be in my next blog!
Pursuing Kaizen & shaking my head, ~Shugie
You know, somebody actually complimented me on my driving today.
They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.
They left a little note on the windscreen, it said 'Parking Fine'.

No comments:
Post a Comment