I've known today was coming for a long time. Today was my first day at work without my team. Today, was the first hit-me-in-the-face moment of closing my office, which will soon lead to my own unemployment. It was surreal and sad. I walked into the office to find a basket of candy and cards from one of the two ladies I was forced to terminate just two weeks ago. The card read: It's gonna be okay! Close your door, (and your blinds!) and just get through the day. I know you miss us, but it's gonna be okay! So, I did something I never do. I sat at my desk and cried. (Yep-- today, I was the crier!) It was sad to sit in the empty and sterile looking office. It was sad (and awesome!) that she knew me well enough to anticipate me today. These ladies and I have laughed 'til we cried, and cried until we laughed, and I feel a huge amount of guilt that my employment extends 2 months past theirs. Though our ages span 3 decades, I will miss venting, sharing, and just being with them.
Not long after my morning meltdown, I received a text from a dear friend: A sad day for sure. Warm thoughts your way. So... I cried some more, amazed to have such awesome people in my life (no make-up at all by this time). After the third person came in to see how things were going, I left for a while. I did a little retail therapy and did not hate when the day came to an end. The catalyst was yep, another text: Go home director. I bet there's a hot bath waiting in that new bathroom. You got it-- more waterworks.
BFFfrmHS sent an awesome text over the weekend reminding me not to stress. WineFriend offered her w(h)ining services. Sibling #2 called twice today to check in, and Offspring #1 checked in on his way home. Amazing how life can hand you the crappiest of days, and hearing from someone special is like a band-aid on the day. Luckiest!
With Faith, ~Shugie
A friend loves at all times, and a brother is there for times of trouble.
Proverbs 17:17
A beautiful post today. So pure, and unmasked feelings, we should all inspire to live so open and free.
ReplyDeleteGreat now I want to cry
ReplyDelete