When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Found what was missing.... a life!

A number of people have asked about my new job.  Well....my commute through construction, during rush hour, is a full 24 minutes.  That's not even long enough to hear the morning news (not complaining)!   I find myself still waking in the wee hours, panicked that I need to get up and ready for my hour and a half trek north.  Soon reality settles in and I smile as I roll over for a solid 2 more hours of sleep.  I'm sure this is reversing all signs of aging caused by sleep deprivation...or birthdays.

One of the partners at my firm outlined my most pressing priority:  Get to know the firm and the associates.  Come to find out, I excel at this!  For example, earlier this week with corporate card in hand, I had coffee with the Director of Marketing in the morning; lunch at the nearby brewery with another partner at noon; and tea with 2 associates in the afternoon.  Hmmm.... I'm going to like this.

I realized the autonomy I had, when I asked the admin a question to which she replied, “Well, I think you decide that.”  Still thinking I like this…

The firm isn’t “Christian” as far as their marketing or brand, but many are believers.  For months I prayed for a new job, and even threw in 'downtown' at the end of each prayer, knowing I was probably pushing it. But, here I am. Yay God!  I was able to pray with a frazzled employee yesterday because she knew I was a believer.  How cool is that?!
 
I've made multiple significant changes in the last few weeks, and feel a sense of contentment and relief that I hadn't realized was missing.  After a situationally imposed sabbatical, I once again have a life!  New gym, Bronco game, cooking classes, dinners with friends, trip to see the kiddos planned, all wrapped up in more sleep, makes for a very happy Shugie! :)
 
Seeking Shalom, & thankful for provision, ~Shugie
 

2 comments:

  1. Wait! Don't go all extrovert on us now. Read in the grocery store, aisle 9, after the 70 minute trek from the northern lands...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- don't confuse ecstatic with extroverted! ;)

    ReplyDelete