When I was a little girl, I believed in fairy tales... that fantasy of what life would be. White dress, a prince charming who would carry me away to a castle on a hill. I would lie in bed at night and close my eyes and had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close I could taste them, but one day the fairy tale disappeared. It's hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely because we all have that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day we will open our eyes and it will come true. Then one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. This life, with all of its complexities, may be the fairy tale after all, because the journey is the best part. It's Happily Ever After...right now.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Holy catfish, He's listening!

It's been a busy week that started with a "home run" moment at work, and ended with snotty, coughing, more-pale-than-usual Shugie going through tissues, Nyquil and cough drops like it's my job.  Not to worry, I made good use of the down time.  If you've read even one of my previous posts, two things you already know about me:  I over think everything;  And I am an Olympic worrier.  At least, I used to be.  Okay.... it's a work it progress...

There is something specific that I've been praying about for a few weeks (the subject of which isn't important here).  This prayer request, was the subject of much of my downtime this week.  I've read through scripture and fully grasp Phillipians 4:6-8-

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. 

So I did.  I prayed as Jabez did in 1 Chronicles 4:10-  Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm.  And the Lord told me exactly how he was going to answer my prayer.  Exactly.  Given that I'm not used to such an interactive dialogue with my Maker, I convinced myself it was wishful thinking.  That is, until the Lord's word came to be reality a couple days later.  It was at this point that I continued my interactive dialogue, "Wow Lord, you really took that one on!  And how cool that you even told me ahead of time how you were going to do it!  Thank you for taking care of me, Abba.  Again."

Still smiling.  Still thankful.  Still, In Bliss and Grace, Shugie



No comments:

Post a Comment